Saturday, March 12, 2011

Elementary my dear


The most recent incarnations of Sherlock Holmes have made me quite happy and increased my desire to go back and reread the books. I mean, both the tv series and the blockbuster movie (soon to be movies) are well acted, well scripted and entertaining, so I don't see why I wouldn't like them. In addition, Robert Downey Jr. is absolutely charming and his bromance with Jude Law in the movie is the most adorable thing to experience.

          As for Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman (loved him in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy), I like that we're seeing the relationship pre-established friendship and watching the connection grow. Also, Cumberbatch does a fantastic job of being a douchey, fantastically brilliant sociopath. I feel like I would have reacted the same way to him as Freeman's Watson, with the repetitive bursts of 'that's brilliant!'

          Also, is it just me or does Benedict Cumberbatch look so much better as a brunette than a ginger? I'm not hating against gingers, I feel the same way about James Marsters being a natural brunette, I just prefer him when he's blonde. It's a completely arbitrary aesthetic preference for how it suits their complexion/other facial features and changes entirely from person to person. 


No comments:

Post a Comment