Tuesday, March 22, 2011

In sickness and in health

Turns out I caught a virus sometime during the wonderful spring break (which proves that making everyone drench their hands in anti-bacterial every time they even think about the dining room doesn't always do anything...viruses cans till be spread...oh yeah, and bacteria grow resistant to it after a while and become stronger and more deadly, but that's cool guys, keep at it). I was also informed by the doctor (teehee, I wish) at the NYU health centre that it will get worse before it gets better.

          At least my fever is down, and I feel less like I've been run over by an 18-wheeler filled with cows and more like I've been run over by a Mini Cooper. On another bright side, my shirt finally got here. I saw this beauty on ThinkGeek and could not resist ordering it.

Because it's true. My mind always pops back to Christoper Eccleston and how he made me fall in love. He was so wonderful and quirky, and I just loved the way his face would break into a grin and he'd say "fantastic" whenever bad news about other species trying to blow up the earth was told to him.
He was the perfect introduction into the series for me, joyful, spirited, with so much love for the earth and its inhabitants despite not being from it. And yet still flawed, still needing to be reminded of how to think and feel like a human (oh Rose, how I miss you), still needing to be brought back down, both figuratively and literally to earth. I see exactly why Rose fell in love with him, he is unforgettable.
Source: http://www.smartgrrrl.com/looking-back-at-doctor-who-rose
I would have followed him without a question.

No comments:

Post a Comment