Sunday, April 3, 2011

Foodstuff and Dreaming Big

So the chicken is baking in the oven...as is the rice. I decided to get a little creative with the rice, instead of just boiling it in water/salt and serving plane basmati rice, I took half of the marinated chicken and fried it with some onions/garlic/cilantro, added water and then added the rice to that before putting it in the oven. Hopefully this way the rice will get some flavouring off the marinade and the chicken that's cooking with it.
          The rest of the chicken I just put in a foiled lined baking dish with some roughly chopped garlic and onion and some olive oil. I want to add some broccoli and cauliflower florets in the last 10 minutes or so of the chicken's baking time so I feel less bad about the lack of vegetables in my dish so that they don't over cook.
          I've finished with my reading! I think I'm going to go through the regular class readings and see if there's anything else interesting/helpful that I could possibly use, but at least my low-standards/pathetic goal of the day has been accomplished. Next accomplishment? Typing out the quotes.
DREAM BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment