Thursday, June 2, 2011

The world is our TARDIS

Source: hipsterdoctorwho.tumblr.com
I love the fact that this quote was applied to just a picture of a car. I realize that it would be a very hippie thing to consider it deep, but I feel like it makes you think more realistically of everything that is Doctor Who and the adventures that occur there. Because, at the bottom of it all, it's the relationships and dynamics and understanding that is developed between not only the Doctor and his companion(s), but the Doctor and other species, humanity and the rest of the world, that matters. It is those things that fundamentally make a difference, the forgiveness and fight to stay alive and to love and grow and prosper in a way that benefits more than just ourselves.
          Yeah, it's been a long day. I didn't mean to pull a semi-philosophical mostly blabbering rant about nothing on you. Especially since if you've watched Doctor Who, you've probably already realized that it's more than just the time travel and aliens, and, honestly, wot I said could be applied to any literature/show/even mildly structured storyline out there. Whoops?

4 comments:

  1. I do really like this semi-philosophical rant, and the idea (and of course the picture). It almost seems that if the Doctor was human, he would still travel, and it would sorta be the same... I really don't make sense. Oh well.

    Ohhhh! This reminds me: I don't know if you read fanfiction, but there is a marvelous one of a human doctor au thingie. It is fantastic and right here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5966708/1/Feeling_Electric

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to read fanfiction like it was my job, actually. Mostly in the Harry Potter realm though, and there are a few guilty pleasures there I should probably not divulge to the internet *shifty eyes*.
    I have bookmarked the link to read as soon as possible though, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohhh, then surely you have heard of... *dundundun* MY IMMORTAL!!! *THUNDER* *tortured screams*
    'Cause if you haven't, DON'T GO LOOKING FOR IT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zomg, my lovely room mates and I actually sat down one day and went through part of it by reading it aloud, voices and all. We had an amazing laugh, but when I had tried to read it myself like six years ago I almost murdered someone.

    ReplyDelete