Monday, November 14, 2011

Fantastic

Source: palindromia.tumblr.com
I don't quite know when I turned into the advocate/champion for the first season of the New Series, but I think I've done a very good job of it. I honestly think that it's a shame for people to just jump on the Matt Smith bandwagon without at least giving Eccly and Tennant a try, mostly because I think once they do they'll realize why it's even remotely close to as awesome as it is with Matt Smith. I mean, don't get me wrong, I adore Matt Smith. I think he's quirky and weird and great, mostly because  (and I might have said this before) of his Willy Wonka-esque mannerisms and eccentricities. But that being said, he really has got nothing on Eccly and Tennant's humanity, their passion and devotion and human connections (not to mention the eight Doctors before).

I almost feel like without knowing, really, everything that the Doctor has lost, you can't quite understand all his choices and his reasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment