Monday, February 21, 2011

'Ello Poppet

"The world doesn't end if The Doctor dances"


- Rose Tyler, "The Doctor Dances"
Photo Credit:  http://www.crista-galli.com/temporis/chris/christelly.html
I really had half a mind for my first post (and probably only for a long while) to be just that wonderful quote and picture, but then I realized that that does not a good first impression make. So here's some text to go along with it.
We (my lovelies/besties/roommates and I, the former who will also be known as Moon and Viking) have reached episode three of the 11th Doctor's run, and they're in London during the Blitz. Fitting, don't you think? (For those of you who are unaware of this fact, The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances episodes occur during the London Blitz)
It makes me sad and happy at the same time.
Anyway, the phrase "The Doctor Dances" has been stuck in my head since I saw the episode(a constant drum beat, like The Master's drums, the heartbeat of a Time Lord bubububum, bubububum, over and over until they infiltrated my waking hours) and it kept inspiring me to write and think and dream and explore the multidimensional realm of possibilities that is imagination, so I thought it was extremely fitting to have it as my blog title.

I cannot wait to see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment