Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Copa del Rey: CAMPEONES!


It's a tad bit blurry, because the stream I got it from got blurry when I screen-shoted it...but still, the point gets across. We won! By a tiny margin of extra luck, and Cristiano being on point for once, and possibly some acts of violence on Real's part...but still, the result is the same.


I love watching Casillas lift trophies (see: Euro 2008, World Cup 2010) because he always does this scream of triumph and passion and joy. It wonderfully reflects the screams of passion and triumph and joy that leap out of my mouth without my control, usually accompanied by "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!" and a lot of me looking around the room to see if anyone will share in the engulfing surge of happiness, and/or will simply let me go into detailed explanations of which particular play was the turning point.
          More often than not I find that I'm actually all alone (save the cat who, at this point, has most likely darted away from my random, seemingly bi-polar behaviour which consisted of either screaming out in joy, letting loose a long string of expletives at my computer, or huddling with my eyes half-shielded going 'oh no, oh please no, please no'), so I have to be content with sending instant messages or texts to members of the losing team (i.e. future husband, and most of my family members). I deserve to gloat when the chance arises, it's not often that it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment