Saturday, April 2, 2011

Unnecessary update on my doings

I love food. Naturally, that means I love to cook (stay with me here) which meant that, if I actually wanted to engage in the physical activity of the thing I love to do, I would need groceries.
Problem: I'm also really lazy.
Solution: Fresh Direct!
          I don't know why I haven't tried Fresh Direct sooner, but it is a magnificent creation that might make the people of this world all the more obese, but makes the stoners and sloths of this world ecstatic, and that's wot counts in the end. Because of the amazingness of Fresh Direct, I was able to put some boneless chicken breasts into a mixture of yoghurt, coconut milk, cilantro, lemongrass, lemon juice, onion, garlic, curry, turmeric, ginger, salt, pepper, cinnamon, olive oil, stewed tomatoes, and cayenne pepper to marinade over night. Why would I want to do that? Why to brown them on the stove and then bake them in the oven tomorrow, and to serve them with a perfectly shaped mound of parsley-garlic infused Basmati rice of course.

The Roast. I know the picture is a bit unclear, but I think the point of how delicious this will soon be comes across.
          Also, Fresh Direct means that my mate of the room and best variety was able to dry rub a roast, and have it cook in the oven with onions and garlic among other deliciousness which I'm not privy to. Not to mention the boiled corn, and blackbean salad with homemade blackberry vinaigrette. It smells absolutely fantastic in this apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment