Friday, June 24, 2011

Moves Like Jagger

I've been on a Maroon 5 binge recently. I mean, who can blame me right? But really, I love more than Adam Levine and his complete and utter dapperness (yes, that word was used). There's something about their songs, especially the ones on their first album, Songs About Jane, that are soothing and relate-able and catchy, and just perfect to karaoke to ("Sunday Morning" and "She Will Be Loved" being magnificent examples of the latter). Which, of course, means that I've been listening to the most recent single (featuring the ever brilliant Christina Aguilera) "Moves Like Jagger" on repeat all day, with a little bit of "Misery" and a throw back to "The Sun" mixed in. At first, I not only had no idea wot on earth he was attempting to say, because I have this horrible habit of actually listening to the lyrics, but after the second time through it I couldn't get it out of my head. Which means that I love it (naturally).
There's no video yet, but I'm sure they'll make one soon and I'm equally certain that Mr. Levine will show us his moves in said video.

P.S. I don't care wot they say the lyrics are, he's definitely saying "now I'm naked," and not "now I make it."
P.P.S. I think my yearly quota for quotations has just been fulfilled in this singular post.

2 comments:

  1. Dapperness! YES! (I love odd words.) When did this come out? I haven't heard about it, which is ridiculous. Well, I'm off to listen to it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure when it came out actually, all I know was that it premiered live on The Voice and then the iTunes single got released after that episode, but as soon as I stumbled upon it I fell in love.

    ReplyDelete