Friday, August 19, 2011

David Tennant's face of the day

Source: lumos-maxima.tumblr.com
Finally re-reached Series 4! I say finally because I love Donna to death. No offense to Martha but as companions go, she wasn't exactly the best. It wasn't her fault, it was hard to follow the love for Rose, especially with the swooning and unnecessary anger against the Doctor every time he mentioned her, but also because it was almost as if she never tried to just be his friend. Donna on the other hand, well I've already ranted about her awesomeness if I remember correctly so I won't do it again (though, I might have actually avoided ranting about her awesomeness precisely because there was too much of it to rant about). But I just realized yesterday that the concept of "Doctor Donna" was introduced in "The Planet of the Ood."

I know, not really a story arc, but I can't help but love Russell T. Davies little subtle foreshadowings each season. I will say this for Series 3 though, it had Shakespeare and The Master, and they were both amazing secondary characters (I'm sure there's an actual term for not-main characters in shows/movies, I just can't think of it right now).

No comments:

Post a Comment