Wednesday, October 5, 2011

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Source: jmak.tumblr.com

So, if you don't already know by now, Steve Jobs died earlier today. I've never bought a Mac, I love my PC and am too familiar with it to want to give that up, but I own an iPhone which I love to death, and an iPad which I would die of boredom with out. Though, like many people out there, I don't know him personally, I still can't help but feel sad at his passing. Despite whatever grievances I might have with Apple products, there's no denying that Steve Jobs (though clearly he wasn't the only one in the company doing so) introduced the world to so many innovations and technological progressions that we now use and love, and in some cases, consider a base standard (such as the graphical user interface...i.e. those little icon things that I don't even want to know how we operated without) True, he didn't think of it first, but he did commercialize it/refine it, and he presented these products with passion and enthusiasm, which a lot of CEOs seem to lack (no offence Jeff Bezos, still love Kindle and Amazon).

At the end of the day a great, charismatic mind was lost to the world, because, honestly, who knows wot else he could have come up with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment