Wednesday, November 16, 2011

David Tennant's face of the day

Source: someofuslaughsomeofuscry.tumblr.com
So there are rumours abound that David Yates is thinking/in the process of discussing the possibility of directing a Doctor Who movie. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that, about having everything be from scratch except for the basics.

I mean, I would be upset if they went with one of the actors that already did Doctor Who and did not pick David Tennant or Eccly, considering that our dear Willy Wonka Doctor (i.e. Matt Smith) will still have the show to do, but then again who would they pick, if they want a fresh face?

I don't know, I guess it will have to wait until all of this is confirmed before making any judgements, but the prospect is both slightly exciting and slightly frightening. I love David Yates and his interpretations of the Harry Potter movies, but Doctor Who is not Harry Potter. It is far older and far more fragile, I think, and therefore requires more careful analysis and care than Harry Potter would.

I know, I know, making a book into a movie requires a massive amount of care, but people already know what Doctor Who can offer on screen, how it can fail and how it can succeed, and it's a fine line between the two so...yeah. Fingers crossed?

No comments:

Post a Comment