Tuesday, November 1, 2011

An Ode to young Johnny Depp


Because he's virtually ageless, and still a talented, creative, insane actor. May that never change.


In the meantime, it's November first. Which means NaNoWriMo! Which means I get to start writing a story that I have no plot for. I already have the word count for the day (1667 words), but wot I made up in quantity, I lack in quality.

It's my fault, I'm going outside my comfort zone by trying to write lightly and with humour, as opposed to the usually poetic, thick with imagery urban fantasy dramas that I can't help but lean towards. But if NaNo has taught me anything those past three years, it's that, if, at the end of the day, you really don't give a fuck, then you're pretty much good to go.

So my novel is either titled Blind Spot or The Waste and (think T.S. Elliot), and I haven't quite given up on getting it together yet. But I will update you on that.

Only post for today, sorry folks. I have a father to hang out with, reading to do, and a presentation to work on (not to mention a novel to make coherent). Hope you guys will join me on this crazy month of novelling adventure! It's really a lot of fun, and feel free to add me was a writing buddy. I will send encouragement and race you to the finish line.

My username is JAFinc. Get those 1,667 words and remember, editing is for December.

No comments:

Post a Comment