Thursday, February 24, 2011

42

Yeah, it's not going to stop with this gif thing now that I've got the general hang of it...because, you know, it's so difficult to upload pictures.

Anyhow, the reason for this slightly sad onslaught:
As I was heading home from interning/work Coldplay's '42' started playing, and the line "Those who are dead are not dead they're just living in my head/and since I fell for that spell I am living there as well"

And it made me think of all the Doctor's reincarnations (the ones that I have lived/watched/loved) and then the characters who are gone and all the characters in Buffy and Harry Potter and even video games that have died and all the moments that technically don't exist any more because of some magic or time shift or other twist or fate, how they are, for all intents and purpose, dead.

And then I thought about the things I think about (woooo circular logic!), the things I dream about, where my imagination goes when I let it off its leash, and it made those lyrics so much more poignant. I mean, don't get me wrong, I still cry my eyes out and my heart still breaks every time I read/watch those events occurring, but it makes me feel a little better knowing that as long as I think about them, as long as I live and love and dream and cry and fight and dance with them, then they will never truly die.

Yeah, I take my fictional characters very very seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment