Monday, February 28, 2011

Häagen-Dazs

So despite my desperate need for Coke causing me to trek down to Duane Read at 2 am (another reason I can't see myself leaving this city, how will I be able to be a fiend at all hours of the night if there's no where to go and be said fiend?) I never actually drank any when I got home.

Instead I indulged in a Haagen-Dazs vanilla and almond bar and some vitamin water. Clearly I'm a rebel.
I also happen to be a slave to my impulses and desires.

          Still, I think I deserved it. After all I wrote a fairly decent, nauseatingly academic paper about the concept of order and disorder in Ancient Egypt and how their idea of the nonexistent worked within the framework of the society on both a cosmological and socio-political level. Now we just have to see wot Professor Sean Connery thinks about it.
          Not that it makes it any less delicious, but anyone else feel cheated when they found out/were told that Haagen-Dazs is actually just an American company and not Dutch or German or something? I mean, your ice cream is good as it is and should be able to speak for itself, why do you need to pretend to be foreign to get it sold?

And this is why I never considered going into marketing or advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment