Saturday, February 26, 2011

Quotes


"I rose like a phoenix from her mentholated bosom and strode into the world: Armani clad and fully awesome."
- Barney Stinson

Buffy: So did anybody... last night, did anybody um... burst into song?
Xander: Merciful Zeus!
Willow: We thought it was just us!
Giles: Well, I sang but I had my guitar at the hotel...
Tara: It was bizarre. We were talking and then it was like-
Buffy: Like you were in a musical!
Giles: That would explain the huge backing orchestra I couldn't see and the synchronized dancing from the room service chaps.
Willow: We did a whole duet about dish washing.
Anya: And we were arguing and then everything rhymed and there were harmonies and the dance with coconuts.
Willow: There was an entire verse about the couscous.
Xander: It was very disturbing.
-“Once More, With Feeling”

"Hold your ground! Hold your ground! Men of Gondor, of Rohan, My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!"
-Aragorn, Black Gate Speech (I'll have you know I did all that from memory, minus the "I see in your eyes" bit, that one I always forget when I reenact this scene...which I probably do more often than I should considering that I am neither an actor nor a member of some LOTR roleplaying game)

No comments:

Post a Comment