Thursday, April 14, 2011

Disney Cosmo

I've been reading Cracked.com articles like it's my job, and this one was particularly entertaining to me because of the whole growing-up-with-Disney-princessess-and-having-a-Peter-Pan-Complex thing that I have going on. Plus, you know, it's kinda completely true. Thank God I never took relationship advice/based all my notions of how relationships should be from Disney (because, you know, thinking that true love could only come in the form of a 240ish-year-old vampire with a soul at the age of eight or so was so much better).

The other one I like also had to do with dating (6 Factors That Secretly Influence Who You Have Sex With), but that's probably because I find social interactions, and the psychology that underlies those, absolutely fascinating. It was also rather nice to read things (like how the arousal we experience from fear-provoked adrenaline causes us to assume that we're more attracted to the person we were with at the time than we would have thought otherwise....that sentence was a bit convoluted wasn't it?) and be able to say "Ooh, Ooh, I knew that already!"
          Also, it's just really interesting to see how the smallest, seemingly unimportant things end up affecting us in such big ways. It doesn't hurt that the articles are written in a wonderfully sarcastic manner.

Next on the list? Cracked.com videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment