Friday, April 22, 2011

Harry Potter: Weeping like children


If I remember the last book correctly (I have yet to reread it...it's the only one of the series that this happened with...I just couldn't deal with the constant daggers the fantastic Ms. Rowling insisted on plunging into my heart), there will be much weeping like children in thousands of theaters across the globe.
          My mates of the room variety were actually talking about overwhelming emotional distraughtness in terms of Harry Potter last night and that alone (and we were discussing Prisoner of Azkaban, before it really got bad) caused us all to become borderline depressed. I don't think it helped that we had just seen The Office, i.e. the final Dundies with Michael Scott. It might just be me, but I honestly believe that Steve Carell's tears while they're singing to him, and that last line he says "well this is going to hurt like a motherfucker" wasn't acting, but just how he really felt. I wouldn't be surprised if he adlib-ed that line.

No comments:

Post a Comment