Wednesday, July 20, 2011

David Tennant's face of the day


I'm back! I had an amazingly wonderful time in London the past three days, and managed to not only watch the last Harry Potter movie, but also see David Tennnant and Catherine Tate do a spectacular performance as Benedick and Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing. I know my bias could probably flood the world, but those two were absolutely spectacular. Talk about stage presence! I was completely awestruck, the moment I set eyes on them. 

To be fair, a friend of mine, who barely knew who Teninch was before the play (and he calls himself a Brit! Though he absolutely adores Ms. Tate so I can't mock-rage too much), was talking about how your eyes just automatically went to them when they were onstage, even if they were in the background of the scene. Everything they did, every movement or sigh or expression had a purpose and was completely on point. It was almost a bit distracting, but not in a way that would make me complain. Of course, their dynamic is incomparable to any of the other actors. They just seem to be really in sync with each other, you could see it even in the way they stood. On another note, the actor who played the Prince (who's name I can't remember, for the life of me) looked almost exactly like Bruce Willis, it was frightening and slightly disconcerting too. Bruce Willis with a British accent.

It's so strange, I'm sure I'll gush a little more about this at another time, but it almost feels like it didn't happen. My whole trip to London went by in one giant roller-coaster rivaling blur of grey skies and cliched rain and flurry of emotions

No comments:

Post a Comment