Tuesday, August 2, 2011

David Tennant's face of the day

Source: killerqueen-.tumblr.com

I guess "David Tennant's face(s) of the day with a cameo from Donna's face" would be much more appropriate, but that's a mouthful, so let's not change anything.

Re-watching the new series has made me realize that Donna and Rose were right, the Doctor does need someone to stop him every once in a while. The thing is though, Martha and Amy don't really do that. Don't get me wrong, I adore them both (Amy more so than Martha, but only because Martha overrides her own awesomeness by constantly doe eyeing the Doctor and being offended that he doesn't return the favour, though sans him she regains her badassery), but they more or less seem to let the Doctor do his thing.

It's almost like Martha is so in awe of him that she lets that get in the way of being 'maybe you should chill out now.' I'm being a little harsh, I know and I'm equally aware that that's not always true, but that is only because I've seen the future (my computer doubles as a TARDIS) and I know that in her own right Martha can handle her shit. So seeing her moon after the Doctor and suddenly turn into a clueless, possessive and unnecessarily jealous entity when crises strikes, the Doctor mentions Rose, or doesn't suddenly declare 'Martha Jones, you're the only companion for me! hurts my soul a little.

I'm going to have to reevaluate Amy's behaviour, and also wait for her run to end, before making final calls on her, but from wot I can remember of series five and six it seems like she's more content in doing her own thing and getting herself in trouble than really helping the Doctor.

I know Rose has her 'quoi?' moments too, and she's no stranger to screwing up and jealousy mooning after the Doctor, but I feel like she held her own more often than not. Also, as Willow Rosenberg so rightfully put it "love makes you do the wacky." (Yes, I just used love as a legitimate excuse, wotchagonnadoaboutit?) If none of that satisfies you, she's the Bad Wolf, she created herself. Your argument is invalid.

As for Donna, well let's not even get started on how epic she is. I don't think I'd be able to put it into words if I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment