Tuesday, March 13, 2012

David Tennant's face of the day









Source: iwearastetsonnow.tumblr.com

In Washington (D.C.) now, for a last ditch attempt at having a vacation like spring break. Which, so far, has not failed. Granted, I've only been here for an hour or so, after a four hour bus ride, but it is a different location and the weather is wonderfully sunny, so I'm okay with it. I do lament the lack of water and sand to go along with the sun, but I think I can make do (for now).
Don't judge me, but I might or might not be falling madly in love with Big Time Rush. I am aware that this new love is not quite usual considering my love for all things sci-fi and fantasy, and the overall Doctor Who theme of this blog, but I thought I'd share.

My reasons? I'm tempted to say 'who needs reasons when you've got heroin?" But I actually have some legitimate ones. Mostly, it's because it's just a lot of fun. When I say 'it's' I mean the show they have that's on nickelodeon. I love it because it's light and fun and silly, because it's not trying to take itself too seriously. I like it because they're not trying to be anything other than wot they are: a boy band. They sing, dance, are whimsical, and act the same way that boys, in my experience, act if put in the same position (clearly, the characters). Also, it helps that the songs are fun and catchy, and watching the show (and, listening to them...I had four hours of bus time and they have two albums out, there was major listening of Big Time Rush going on) reminds me of when I first discovered the Backstreet Boys many moons ago.

Another bonus? They're around my age, which doesn't make me feel like a creeper. The boy band 'era' of the nineties might be over, but that doesn't mean that there's no space for good boy bands for this music generation, and I think that Big Time Rush should be counted among them. I'd much rather people listen to Big Time Rush than most of the other crap that's out there (no offense Ke$ha).

I realized I used the word 'fun' a lot, but that's because it seems like the most fitting word for the show and for the band. If you have some free time, check it out. Trust me, the ridiculousness (and slight, if not extreme, commentary on the music industry) will make you feel good at the end of the twenty or so minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment