Saturday, February 26, 2011

Procrastination and Football

It's gotten to the point where I'm putting off doing this essay because I'm scared shitless that it will just end up being total and utter crap. Which is counter-intuitive if you think about it. But I'm not going to think about it cause that would be silly and I'll probably start to hyperventilate.
          So thank you, newly constructed blog, for allowing me to prolong diving into a sea of horrible academic writing, trying to analyse concepts that are beyond my time and word-padding/bullshitting like it's my job. At least here I don't get graded for said horrible writing (not to mention, here I can write about wotever the hell I choose).


First, I want to comment on this tweet:
          Srsly?! You've updated Cristiano's hair? And that's so fucking important that you had to dedicate a tweet to it? I'm still pissed that he demanded to have 'Ronaldo' printed on his shirt while he was number 9, because only the real Ronaldo deserves that honour (as in the Brasilian, brilliant one who is now retired from playing football) when he's always had it as "C. Ronaldo." It doesn't help that he then had the audacity, when Raul (my favourite) moves to some German team whose name I can't for the life of me remember, to demand taking Raul's number 7 because he's know  as 'CR7' and has a store under that name and whine and whine and whine.
          I'm a Madridista through and through, I've had to endure mockery and 'ha-we're-so-much-more-awesome' chants from my family members (who all support Barca) and the pain of watching them be stupid and screw up and lose embarrassingly and I still root for them. But Cristiano just drives me crazy. Also tweets like that are just so unnecessary. Isn't it bad enough that everything things he's an arrogant, douchey, vain drama queen? This only seems to magnify those sentiments. I know he gets things done and is more than capable of getting goals, but that doesn't make me like him.
          And no, he will not be the new top scorer of La Liga. I honestly think Messi will remain the top scorer. Because he's Messi, and he's brilliant and fantastic and a magician with the ball.
          “Barcelona and Real Madrid warn European rivals” by Jonathan Stevenson is, in my opinion, one of the best post-match analysis articles out there, especially about the Clasico games. Starting at the sixth paragraph till the end Stevenson seems to have a creative/poetic flair that suits Barcelona's flow, and the dance that is football. "And then there was Messi." Brilliant.
I'm done ranting about that, scouts honour.


To Do List:
  • Finish reading for paper
  • Write outline for said paper
  • email another professor for a recommendation
  • Start essay
  • Go to dinner for Kellylove's birthday
All right team, that's the plan. 
/break

No comments:

Post a Comment