Wednesday, February 23, 2011

To Ponder or Not To Ponder

Ever have those days where your teacher just says things that resonate within you?
I keep having those days with my Journalism teacher.

"It's not that the reader falls in love with that person, but that the reader understands why you're in love with them."

As someone who can't go through the day without writing something, it seems that that would be given. But it wasn't until he said it last week that I realized that I spend so much trying to get the invisible reader to fall in love with the characters I write about, or even get perplexed at the idea that they're not in love with the characters in the tv shows that I love, that I forget to simply make them understand my own feelings.
But srsly, look at this face
It doesn't matter, at the end of the day, if Viking and Moon don't love Draco as much as I do, the point is that they know why I do and are not continuously bombared with furrowed brows and me going "but he's fantastic!" (which doesn't explain very much).

[Note: I'm not exactly sure why Draco Malfoy is the first person that came to mind, but it's probably because I get the most resistance when it comes to love for him, as opposed to, say, Angel, who seems to be universally loved for his tall/dark/handsome/brooding qualities]

No comments:

Post a Comment